Thursday, March 02, 2006

fried chicken


Earthquakes are not fun. It is one reason that I want to leave California. There have been several small earthquakes in the past week, which puts everyone on edge. Is it good that the fault is letting out pressure or does it mean the big one is coming? I think about earthquakes a lot, where I am, what would happen if the building I was in collapsed, would I have enough time to get under something or outside. What would it be like to be in bart – Nobody wants to die on bart, especially after paying the ridiculously high fare (expensive public transportation = another reason to leave the bay area). Or everytime I cross the bridge in a car (the same bridge that collapsed in the last big earthquake... why is it taking them so long to build the new bridge!). The worst thing about earthquakes is that they are a constant source of stress, even if you are not actively thinking about it, the possibility of them occuring at any moment hangs out in the recesses of your mind. I'm sure there is some new-agey argument for bad 'energies' emanating from the fault lines.

Not that I am obssessed about uncontrollable things ... although I am planning on trying Bake Sale Bettie's fried chicken sandwich before the bird flu gets out of hand.

No comments: