Tuesday, March 21, 2006

change of topic


Was anyone else bothered by the message of "The Hero"? It seems sort of uncool to promote conquering other lands to 'unite' all people. And to argue that it is okay to use militaristic forced means in order to do so. But then again I do not know my history. Perhaps it was very dark times in the other lands. Either way though having one all powerful emperor is not the way to go. Although I did like the message that says a true warrior is someone that picks up a sword for the sole reason of being able to put it down. Most anti-authoritarians will dismiss the whole concept of 'hero'. I can't say that it isn't attractive to me. Not that one person is so special, but more like anyone can be one. I think it is very helpful to have examples.

No comments: