Wednesday, March 22, 2006

escape

Sometimes the energy around us changes. Three little earthquakes occured in the East Bay today. Things feel uneasy. Events occur that have no explanation. I have lived in 8 different residences since I moved to the Bay Area. I have experienced a number of unpleasant things; ghosts, rats, stalkers, pit bulls, and now a rock thrower. But when these things occur there always seems to be a deeper meaning.

Luckily people and cats tend to keep me grounded. There is no need to send me your sawed off arm after writing on it "i really like you". Consistency is much better than that. I will also accept cookies as a show of affection. On another disconcerting note, V for Vendetta was not about anarchism. I was so disappointed. There was no actual expression of 'the ideal' that was talked about in the movie. The hero seemed to be mostly about vengeance and only higher ideals were very subtly hinted at. Again Sophie Scholl: The Last Days did a much better job of professing a different vision of society. Long live freedom!

No comments: