Thursday, May 04, 2006

separation anxiety


I feel a little bit lighter with each piece of furniture that disappears. Leaving is becoming more and more of a reality. It is funny how people say goodbye. Some people surprise me with niceness and others walk away as their cell phone rings. And I am left wondering why are you not devastated by my departure? My sentimentality factor is way out of hand as I get separation anxiety about people I barely know. On the upside, I am getting rid of a lot of stuff that I don't need. Including the huge down jacket I've kept only because I thought if I ever had to sleep on the streets it could save my life from the cold. It would be good for everyday wintertime use in Chicago except that it has 80s shoulder pads. Bad wintertime fashion is not the way to make friends in a new city. I shudder to think that my wardrobe will scream "I'm from California!"

No comments: