Thursday, May 25, 2006

back in the bay

I am back in the bay to tie up some strings. I immediately felt constricted and stressed upon debarking the plane. It's amazing that I really am truly ready to leave.

I actually miss Chicago even though I just left this morning. I miss the oldness, and the brick, and the trees and the calmness I feel when I'm there. And I found this crazy apartment to live in. It's big and it is all mine.

I try to squeeze the new people I meet into the molds of old familiar people. For example Susie reminds me of a combination of friend x and friend y. And Rhonda is the spitting image of friend z. I think that might be my mind trying to make sense of all the newness.

This weekend I have a few days in the bay with old familiar friends. I need to fill up since these days need to carry me through a bunch of no-one-knows-me days. Which can be as frustrating as they are liberating. This weekend is also my last chance to bellyache about the bay area. Because once I am firmly planted in Chicago I will start bellyaching about that town.

No comments: