Saturday, May 06, 2006

edge


In the past 24 hours I have been at a ridiculous film schmooze party, a box turtle refuge, and the edge of the pacific. My belongings are dwindling. I have shed pounds of material goods every day this week.

I have a chance to start over I think to myself as I stand in the middle of the ridiculous film party. When beginnings happen it seems that you can do everything over again and be a better person. I can make those changes I've always wanted to make. I can start doing yoga. Eat better. And be more patient. Of course the beginning will become a middle and then eventually another end. But still, at the beginning of the beginning there are all sorts of possibilities. And as I walk to the car with one of S's high heels on one foot and one of my leather boots on the other, I think I don't have to see any of these people for a very long time.

No comments: