Wednesday, May 17, 2006

big trees big city

Today the tall leafy trees were swaying wildly in the wind. The trees tower over everything. When riding the train I notice how the trees often dwarf the houses. Big trees is a nice feature for a city, it can take some of the coldness out of it. Everything is in motion and things are progressing. It is too late to stop it now (Not that I want to). I hear Hotel California in the subway every morning which gives an eerie sadness to the start of the day. There are some good street musicians here although their repertoire could be bigger. I overheard a phone conversation on the train as I was coming home from work tonight. The guy was mired in a mucky yucky life. Trying to renegotiate the rent at his apartment and simultaneously defending his depressed girlfriend. Damn, I have escaped my mucky yucky situations. Now things are new. But that can be hard too.

No comments: