Saturday, April 01, 2006

the joys of my weird job

The problem with a stranger that only knows you from your place of employment while you are in your somewhat public persona calling you by your name is that a) he doesn't know you! b) he only knows your name because he overheard someone else call your name, not because you ever told him your name c) you don't know his name and don't want to know his name.

Don't you hate it when someone hands you a big bag of freshly baked cookies, that she baked for someone else and says "It's alright if you eat some." But, looks at you suspiciously as if the minute she walks away you are going scarf the entire bag. I mean really, don't give me the cookies if you are just going to make me feel guilty! Hey, wait, is this a trick? I swear this happened to me today. And in case you didn't know, chocolate chip cookies are my most favorite food in the world. Is this like a candid camera kind of thing?

No comments: