Sunday, April 02, 2006

fool for you


Yeah so I got punk'd today. It was funny. And I totally forgot it was April fools day. Oddly, I had just been watching punk'd on mtv. But my punk'd did not involve movie stars like Ashton Kutcher. (Note to reader: I am very proud of the pop culture reference I just made, yes, I have been watching cable television, AND I figured out who "Nick & Jessica" are too, okay I am trying to get with the decade people.)

Movies, film, ah ah ah mesmerizing. When I was in the middle of my love affair with film I could watch movies all day, one after another. I have been slowly weaning myself back onto the celluloid. The romance, the drama, the music. It is a whole other world. The tragic ironic twists some plots have. So romantic. The beautiful actors and actresses, lovely, lovely it is all so lovely. I do understand why people are compelled to watch night after night the light playing on the screen, because it is so much more, so richer and if you are lucky it reminds you of the beauty in your own life. And if you are unlucky it reminds you of that too. But it also gives you an alternative and an invitation into a different world if only for 90 minutes.

No comments: