Wednesday, April 05, 2006

cat 5 baby

Two lawyers in suits took me and my friend J. out to lunch today. It made me feel really important. The restaurant we went to features naughty pictures on the ceiling of people having sex, like the kamasutra or something. I think it adds to the dining experience. I also got rid of some junk by donating it to the center for creative reuse. Man they have a bunch of stuff there, if you need big birthday candles or a stranger's old photographs that is the place to go.

Then, I went to CompUSA to buy an ethernet cable which I was dreading. I have made several cables in the past few years and they are just so expensive to buy, so I was not looking forward to dropping a few twenties for a stupid cable I can make myself. I am standing in line and someone taps me on the shoulder, and it is this guy that I work with. He asks me what I'm buying and I say "ethernet cable". And he says "how much do you need I can just give you some." Hello, that was perfect. So, I happily put the stupid over-priced cable back. It is turning out to be a not-so-bad day, but we'll see I don't want to jinx it. Things have been so crappy lately I am afraid to think they might be okay.

No comments: