Thursday, April 27, 2006

heart of the world


Growing old makes me feel vulnerable, yet capable. It took so long for me to start visibly aging. It is now happening. My first grey hair. Wrinkles. I know I am hyper sensitive, well, because I am a woman and this society has successfully f***ed with my brain. If you have women in your life, you must understand that our culture makes women crazy on purpose with worrying about how we look. I don't know any woman who hasn't been greatly damaged by this stupid stupid worry. The worry is distracting us all.

\\change of subject here\\

What if the world was having a heart attack? Would you jump in its clogged artery to save it? Guy Maddin is just so imaginative it is silly. I like him most because he is not self-important. I totally admire modesty.

\\change of subject here\\

California is lonely. Someone reminded me of this today. I walked into the darkened room and I could see the woman with long hair sitting with him, yet we did not speak of her. I remember always feeling that everyone has someone. Now I have someone too. But not in California.

No comments: