Monday, September 11, 2006

scare fest


Hows about that scare fest on TV today? I have to admit I watched the complete docudrama. Scary. Especially all those shakey camera shots. I'd like to see a blair witch version of 911. Right after I finish my big foot remake. This past weekend I successfully celebrated my freedom by attending an outdoor music fest and a White Sox game (I ate a HOT DOG WITH ONIONS!). It was all very American. Topping it off with a mini-series that did successfully scare me. Good job ABC. It was almost as scary as Couric's interview with the prez.

My favorite part:

COURIC: I know we're almost out of time, Mr. President, and you have a very busy day ahead. But one philosophical question that many have that I'd like you to respond to, if you could, is that US policy, vis-à-vis Iraq, and the United States' close alliance with Israel, certainly highlighted in recent events between Israel and Lebanon, has galvanized terrorists worldwide. In other words, these policies have created more terrorists than they have eliminated.

BUSH: Yeah.

COURIC: How do you respond to that?

BUSH: Well – the first thing I would tell people that – we weren't in Iraq on September the 11th, 2001, when 19 killers killed 3,000 Americans in the most brutal attack on our – on our soil – ever.

COURIC: But they were from Saudi Arabia.

No comments: