Tuesday, January 23, 2007

i miss you sf

Last night I lay in bed viscerally missing San Francisco. That city with it's spikey skyline harbored my dreams and grew my ambitions like tiny pearls. It doesn't hurt that San Francisco is drop dead gorgeous. Remembering its craggy pockets of fog, magical moons hanging pregnant in the sky, a few of many fantastic city visions. It took 13 years of walking it's steep streets to feel a part of it's fabric. Now it's like holding an ex-lover's hand close to my heart, and wishing we could go back in time atleast just to visit. What I miss most is feeling a part of things; a part of a funky, crazy little city, where you feel like you know everyone, where you have a favorite bar, where you've kissed on enough street corners and dropped enough tears until eventually you've cracked the pavement and left an imprint. Where you can see yourself still walking in that foggy shifty San Francisco air woozy from finally feeling just right.

No comments: