Friday, November 07, 2008

to twitter or not to twitter

I wonder if I should be using Twitter. How would I know what to twitter? How to weigh if something is important enough, or just the right amount of unimportant, yet funny, or amusing. Or not too funny and amusing, not enough to make it seem like you're trying way too hard to be funny and amusing. But, like you're naturally irreverently funny. Online writing is so stressful and full of really strange expectations. This blog gives me enough stress. I can't even make myself write about things that have happened lately that I think is important to note, like Paul Newman and Studs Terkel passing. Or the strange Obama-mania in Chicago. Online writing is not easy for naturally obsessive analytical self-conscious types, of which I am one.

No comments: