Tuesday, August 15, 2006

pre-teen


Two men next door are busy tonight putting in a brick patio, I can hear them hammering. I can also hear the music they are blasting. They are listening to the cheesiest love songs sung by I don't know who, but she has a very high pitched voice. It is worse than songs I listened to when I was 12. Speaking of being 12, lately I have been having that adolescent feeling of cringing at being noticed in public and hoping no one on the bus gives you a look or says anything. In general, I feel more exposed here in Chicago as a female. I don't like men looking at me or whistling. I just don't. And if I were braver I would tell them to fuck off. I think this adolescent feeling is about more than the unwanted public attention but it is not bloggable material, although it is funny that I feel 12 again as I am getting gray hair.

No comments: