Wednesday, August 09, 2006

big city of dreams

Like most cities, Chicago is full of contradictions. Daisies packed in dirt strain towards the sun leaving me wondering who plants hundreds of daisies in a Walgreen's parking lot. A young girl randomly yells at me, "I'll kick your ass if you don't give me my money!" Water drops off the ceiling and onto passenger's heads, which seems to be a phenomenon of Chicago buses along with cockroaches. Yard sale signs crowd the utility poles, advertising, "There's something for everyone! Really great stuff!". The girls upstairs have a "Three Friends Lemonade Stand" one weekend. There are really good avocados at Stanleys vegetable store which enables A. to make really good guacamole. A young guy runs through my front yard with a gun which means the gang boundaries may have moved over to my block.

No comments: