Friday, June 30, 2006

living in the country


Someone came over to my new apartment and exclaimed, "It's like living in the country!" It's not really like living in the country, but my neighborhood is pretty mellow for a city. Berkeley is more bustling than Logan Square for sure. People plant these really nice little flower gardens on the corners of streets. Old brick buildings have pretty trees in front and "For Rent" signs in the windows. New condos sit empty and latino families have moving out yard sales on the weekends.

I am busy watching lightning storms and painting walls bright colors. I've been drinking a beer a day, watching fake Russian cosmonauts at the Gene Siskel, reading about "The Machine", and talking about neoliberalism in the book club, and of course being bored out of my mind working. When when when when when?

No comments: