Monday, September 15, 2008

the island queen


Some things in life don't change. One of those things for me is the Island Queen.

One of my earliest memories is of riding the Island Queen ferry to Martha's Vineyard. I can easily recall its bright orange seats, the roar of the motor, the water spraying from the stern, I can even recall the particular boat smell that's like sea water mixed with, i dunno, some special Island Queen boat-scent.

When I take a ride on the Island Queen as an adult, it is exactly the same as I remember it. This ferry ride delights me, I get all goofy happy, not like me at all, it's like being transported to my childhood. It's a special thing, to find something that hasn't changed. That lives up to your memory.

And, the Island Queen has a song! This totally blew me away.
Island Queen Song

No comments: