Sunday, March 11, 2007

i used to love ny

I caught an episode of The Facts of Life the other day. Natalie and Tootie went to NYC, and Natalie decided to move there. It was deep in the 80s and she moved into an apartment full of young artist/doctor/dancer/painter early 20-somethings all endearingly different and quirky and young, and as Natalie says, "the most forwardest people I've ever met." Natalie realized that she belonged there. And she got all inspired and wrote an article for the New Yorker, and was full of NYC excitement and the feeling of being in the right place at the best time. Natalie really came into her own in this episode. Back in the day, I thought that NYC would be that place for me. I would figure out who I was and get all creative. I used to love New York City like that when I imagined moving there.

No comments: